Thursday, March 10, 2011

14 weeks

   Nothing too much that's new or changing.  Though last night I tried moving some boxes around while I was looking for cooking items, and I don't think I should have been doing that.  I think I put too much strain on my belly...I never realized how much stomach muscles are used to pick things up.  Well, I guess I won't be doing any heavy lifting anymore :-/  I felt weird and sore afterwards...probably not a good sign.  I'll leave the picking things up to the hubby from now on.
   I'm excited about getting to weeks 16-20, I have been reading that baby movement usually becomes noticeable during that time :-)  That is going to be soooooo exciting to feel baby move for the first time!!  I honestly cannot wait!  I think it will be so much more real for Zach too when this happens.  I know he sees me getting bigger and heard the heartbeat, but he can't really experience much else.  Movement will be very exciting for him too.  I have a feeling he will be touching my belly allllll the time once the moving and shaking starts :-) 
   Another exciting bit of news is that not only is Zach's mom throwing me a baby shower, but Ang, mom, Grandma, Jessica and my sis are having one for me while I'm in IN for my sister's wedding.  How fun!!!!  It's all very exciting for me!  Can't wait to get all those cute, tiny baby clothes :-)  So fun!  Not to mention, being able to spend some time with family and friends I either rarely see or haven't seen in a long time.  Yay! 
   Oh goodness, the heartburn is definitely amping up!  It's more like heart bonfire than just heartburn.  Doesn't matter what I eat or drink, it still ignites every afternoon and evening.  Tums help a little, but not much.  I thought I was going to be lucky and not get heartburn during pregnancy...ha ha.  I knew I was wrong because I've always had it when NOT preggers.  Oh well...life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment