Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Cravings

   So, I guess it's not really a NEW craving, more like a revisit to previous cravings.  thanks to my Aunt Barb I've been wanting smoothies every day now.  The other night I wanted one so badly, but I had to find our blender amongst the boxes still packed from moving.  Let me tell you, I was one determined pregnant lady....I dug through those boxes until I found that darn blender :-)  I told Zach that I had put my mind to it and I was going to look until I found the blender to make my delicious smoothie, haha.  Ah the lengths we will go to for food when pregnant.
   I actually made my own individual servings of frozen fruit for smoothies...the prepackaged ones in the store were sooooo pricey.  I just chopped up some bananas and washed up some strawberries, then threw them in small freezer baggies.  I was too lazy to make orange juice so instead I added 1/2 cup frozen juice concentrate, 1/2 -1 cup water, and 1 cup of yogurt to the mix and blended 'er right up....very yummy.  I've had three in the past 3 days :-)
  Another craving: I want a big salad for lunch today...we shall see how far that takes me- probably just across the street to Subway for a sub or over to PickNSave for their huge salad bar (2nd one seems like a better option).  Heck, at least I'm craving good-for-us foods and not fries ALLLLL the time, just sometimes.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment