Friday, February 18, 2011

Cravings- Salt

I have been craving lots of different foods....like fruit and more fruit, egg rolls with soy sauce, chicken broth, and ginger dressing from Nakashima- but I still haven't been able to fulfill that last one :-(

The other day I was preparing to make noodles, so I made some chicken broth (2 chicken bullion cubes in 2 cups of water, easy), but before I could get it all in the pan I drank a whole cup of the chicken broth right out of the measuring cup...oops!

Last night I went to the grocery store right after work and I ended up with a cart full of fresh fruit...kiwis, bananas, apples, and strawberries.  When I got home I ate a ton of it too :-)  I was so full, but unfortunately fruit doesn't stick to your ribs.

Right across the street from the bank is a Chinese Buffet...not good if you're pregnant and craving egg rolls/soy sauce.  I finally gave in yesterday and headed across the way....I ate 3 egg rolls!!  I must be loving salt, because I could have put soy sauce on EVERYTHING.  When I got back from lunch, one of the girls at work said to me, "Well, I think we have soy sauce packets in the breakroom...you could just eat them."  Gross, but then again maybe not. 

Speaking of salt, I made mashed potatoes (yet another craving) the other night to go with the noodles and I just kept adding more and more salt...and after all that, I still couldn't even taste it enough- but I stopped adding because Zach isn't pregnant and probably wouldn't have enjoyed the salt block in our taters. 

I've heard that an excess of salt can lead to greater water retention....am I going to blow up like a whale if I love the salt while preggers?! 

2 comments:

  1. In your 3rd trimester, you will ;) Ooo, I wonder if you're going to have a boy because we have similar cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe...I was reading your post about your dream of a little baby girl, and I just had one the other night too. But I guess dreams don't really know either, huh? I hope we have a boy...I hear they are easier for a first and I want our little girl to have a big brother. :-)

    ReplyDelete