Monday, February 21, 2011

Good News

I called my nurse and baby is fine, just sapping everything from me.  What a little rascal already ;-)  So that's #1 good news.  #2 is that I was able to set up this thing called FMLA through our HR dept that covers intermittent absences from work.  This is a very good thing considering it's not even March yet and I've already used almost 3 out of 6 sick days for the entire year.  Basically, FMLA protects my job from termination or disciplinary action due to excessive sick time above what I am allotted.  Another bonus is that it won't affect my maternity leave :-) That will go on just as usual, pay 80% with 2 weeks before and 6 weeks after baby is born.  So now when baby and hormones are making me feel less than okay to deal in a customer service situation, I can stay home without fear of being written up or fired.  Happy days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment