Thursday, February 17, 2011

Neon Yellow!

Sooo...pregnant women are more susceptible to getting a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection).  At my appointment I did the pee test since I had been feeling symptoms coming on, like feeling the urgency to pee, but not going once there and a slight burning when peeing.  The next day I received a call from my nurse saying I did in fact having the beginning of a UTI and she was prescribing a medication for me to pick up right away.  If you didn't know, an untreated UTI can cause harm to your growing baby.  Well, the nurse said it might make my urine a darker yellow....boy was she right!  I just went to the bathroom and it looked like I was painting with yellow water colors, haha.  Okay, maybe not that bright, but seriously a funky yellow.  If you are ever prescribed meds for a UTI, don't worry about the mustard in the toliet- it's normal. http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about1186559.html

1 comment:

  1. hehe, mustard in the toilet! you make me chuckle :)

    LOVE that you started a blog. can't wait to read all about your experiences, too. :) miss you dear!

    here's to peeing in more cups than you ever imagined possible!

    ReplyDelete