Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Snow in Mid-April....

     What a week we're having!  Yesterday we had so much snow that there was thunder and lightning right along with it.  Now THAT is a really cool occurance!  "Thundersnow"  awesome!  I needed a little exercise, so I helped Zach shovel the driveway (just a little bit, because it was heavy heavy heavy snow!).  Not going to lie though, I did get sidetracked and I threw a few snowballs at Zach, hehe.  Surprisingly, he didn't retaliate :-) 
   When it was warmer outside for the 1st couple weeks in April, I definitely experienced the warmness of pregnancy.  I felt like I had hot flashes all the time :-/  However, now that we've discovered the change in seasons is actually winter, hint of spring, winter, I'm no longer feeling the hot flashes- it's back to popsicle toes.  Silly weather!  Oh, and get this...supposedly we're getting 70s here by next week.  Outrageous!  I never know whether to wear my winter coat and boots to work or to opt for the light jacket and work shoes.  
   Baby is a moving and a shaking right now.  I can always feel baby's movement the best when I'm sitting at work or laying down to sleep.  Almost like a muscle twitch down around where my bladder sits.  It's so exciting!  Less than a week til we find out if we're having baby Gabriel James or baby Holly Noel.  I'm MOST excited for that :-) 
   I was reading in Parenting magazine that babies usually respond to Dad's voice more than Mom's (probably because the deeper voice travels better through the fluids).  So I told Zach, and we tried the theory out.  Zach started talking to my belly and I kid you not, I felt our baby move!  He couldn't feel anything yet, but I totally did!  So cool!     

No comments:

Post a Comment