Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baby Update: 27 Weeks

Size of Baby: Almost 2 pounds in weight (about the weight of a cauliflower) and 14.5" long with extended legs
Changes in Baby: Getting those lungs in gear and would be able to survive with help if born at this point (though, let's keep baby baking for at least 13 more weeks :-)
Changes in Mama: Swelling legs and feet with the heat, so unpleasant.  Sleepiness is coming back full swing once that clock ticks 9pm.  Continual rosy cheeks when the weather is warm.
Changes in Daddy:  Getting very excited to meet his little baby.  Talking to my belly allll the time, loves feeling those big kicks/movements.  Frequently uses the terms, "you both, my ladies, my girls, etc" when talking to me.  :-)
Cravings: WATER!  iced tea, salads
Aversions:  not food, but...the stinky smells of summer: it's called deodorant people, use it! and a shower!
Symptoms: Feet/ankle swelling, heat rash on belly, intense smell aversions (stinky feet, sweaty people)
Nesting:  My mother-in-law got a ton of super-cute clothes from a garage sale that she dropped off in a large pink tote for me last weekend, so I was able to go through them all and separate them according to sizes and styles, so fun!  Last night at a store I just so happened to find myself in the paint aisle where I picked out the exact color yellow I want for our nursery someday....
Reactions of People: LOTs of questions (due date, first baby, boy/girl, are we excited, etc...)  Not too many people touching my belly just because I'm either behind my desk or a counter, haha, whew!
Looking Forward to...: Seeing Zach again in 10 days.  My sister's wedding and bachlorette party :-)  Our first Baby shower!!  Seeing friends and family :-)
Not so much...: Traveling, packing, making sure I have everything that I will need for the trip.
Next Appointment: Monday morning, June 13

No comments:

Post a Comment