Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nesting: The Urge


Not our nursery, but very pretty
    Due to the fact that we are looking at buying a house and moving before the baby is born, we do not have a nursery set up where we are now.  The nursery area consists of a clothes tote next to a glider and some bags of baby paraphenilia.  We have the crib and other furniture pieces in storage, but there's no point setting them up now if we just have to disassemble them to move.  However, the urge to have everything set up now is really, reallllllly intense.  Let me tell you, if you've never been pregnant you are in for a real surprise when it comes time to get everything ready for baby (even if you've never been an organized person....that will change). 
   Last night I went through the previously "organized" clothes tote, added all of our new baby shower clothing, and re-organized it all according to style and size.  The funny thing is that I will be doing it again after the next baby shower in a couple weeks and I don't mind one bit.  I love going through all those little onsies, sleepers, and outfits- the skirts and sweaters are the best!  I also grouped all the diapering items, feeding items, blankies, books, stuffed animals, etc into their respective and highly organized areas.  It makes me crazy not having everything set up perfectly the way I want the nursery.  I keep asking myself, 'What if baby comes early?'  Or 'Will I find everything I need?' 'Am I organized enough?".....  I know I'm not being weird, just an extremely normal first-time expectant mother.  Just wait until we have a real nursery...an animal will be awakened- a decorating, organizing, mama bear on the move. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment