Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Iron, More Water

     My Glucose test results came back just fine, which is great news!  However, they did discover that I'm slightly anemic and so they have required that I begin taking an iron supplement of 325mg, 2 times/day...every day.  Okay, so that's not really THAT big of a surprise.  I've always been low in the iron department- used to be turned down all the time for donating blood in the past.  The only crummy thing is that with the iron increase I'll need to up my fluids and fiber even more in an attempt to avoid constipation (yes, I'm sure you all want to hear about that, but it's just a fact).  Or else I'm doomed.  Doomed to never be able to poo.  I bet that's why bears are cranky...maybe they don't get enough fiber and water- too much iron, haha.   

No comments:

Post a Comment