Monday, June 6, 2011

Heat Rash

   Looks like everytime I try to lay out in the sun this summer I'll be getting more than a tan...little red slightly itchy bumps on my belly: Heat Rash.  Yay...not so much.  It goes away by the following day, but it doesn't look too attractive for the rest of the day.  I guess it's not like I walk around with my belly showing though, so not too big a deal.  Just kind of stinks because I love being out in the sun during the summer.  Aaaand I have my vacation coming up here in 2 weeks during which time I was planning on much time spent out in the sun with a good book, SPF, and lots of ice water (maybe a big ol' fan too).  Hopefully I'll still be able to do that.  I wonder a little bit if the rash is a reaction to the greasy sunblock too.  I read that it's mostly caused by increased body temp due to pregnancy mixed with higher outside temps during summer, which also adds more sweat production.  Good times, haha.  Another one of those "joys" of pregnancy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment