Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Big Weekend

   What a weekend!  Everything went so well for this weekend's events.  Zach had an amazing commissioning ceremony...which, by the way, was really emotional for this preg lady.  I wanted to cry soooo much, not just a few tears, but the whole waterworks.  I held it all in with a quiver of the lip, because I knew that if I let loose it would have been a wailing sob (pregnancy emotions were on HIGH).  Too funny.  It was just so exciting because Zach has worked sooooo hard, for so long and he finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel.  The long haul, hard road is finally over (at least that leg of our life journey). So awesome! 
   Then his college graduation was the next day, which was a very proud moment as well.  My dad said that only like 33% of people who go to college actually finish by getting their degree.  That's a big accomplishment!!!  So proud of my man!  Words don't express it.
   Time with our family and friends was really great too!  Thanks to everyone who was able to make the ceremonies and the parties at the house!  A special thanks to those who helped make it all possible by helping set up/tear down, making food, and keeping me sane.  Couldn't have done it without everyone's helping hands! 
   Overall, we are very happy with how this weekend turned out :-)  I was a little overwhelmed with all the activity and very little sleep- had some legs/feet swelling and stomach cramping, but I was able to remedy that Monday by staying home from work and sleep a lot.  It was a good learning experience for what to expect this summer.  Lots of water and feet elevated!!  My doc said I just need to be very diligient with drinking plenty of water because that will keep me from becoming dehydrated which makes water retention greater.  Also, keeping active every day (not too extremely, but moderately) will help keep me feeling better.

1 comment: