Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baby Update: 31 Weeks

Size of Baby: Over 16" long and about 3.3 lbs (like carrying around 4 navel oranges).
Baby Moves:  Very, very active now.  No specific body parts pushing outward (like a foot or a hand), but I can usually tell when her body is rotating or somersaulting. 
Changes in Baby:  Packing on the baby fat, getting ready for her grand entrance.  Arms, legs, body and head are all capable of moving now.
Changes in Mama: LOTS of lower back pain!  It gets worse as the day progresses and I've found nothing to bring relief.
Changes in Daddy:  Probably feeling as ready as I am for baby to get here (so I'll stop complaining about my back, haha).  And he really wants his chance to hold our little baby since, in his words, "You've been holding her the WHOLE time.  It's my turn!" :-)
Cravings: Water, Tea, healthier foods especially fruits (probably because greasy foods increase my heartburn)....anything I see in a commercial on tv :-)
Aversions:  hotdogs....loved them, but lately I do NOT want to eat them.
Current Symptoms: Lower back pain, like a dull ache that doesn't stop by sitting, standing, warm showers, massages, or stretching :-(  Heartburn isn't quite as bad this week....surprisingly, though it's probably due to better food choices, or I'm just going numb in the throat, haha.  Trouble sleeping due to lots of baby acrobatics and frequent bathroom trips.  Pillows aren't helping much anymore.  9 weeks, you say?  Eh.
Nesting:  I'm calming down a little due to husband's wonderful reassurances that everything will be ready in time.
Looking Forward to...: Baby shower #2!
Exciting News:  Nothing yet, but I'm hoping that my next appointment might change my due date to earlier....please?
Next Appointment: Monday July 11

No comments:

Post a Comment