Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Doctor Says...

  I had an appointment last night with Dr. Katie; everything seems fine and moving right along.  However, when Nurse Madge measured my tummy she got this very odd, kind of surprised look on her face.  Apparently I'm measuring much bigger than I should be at this stage...so she had Dr. Katie measure too.  Same thing: confused/surprised look on her face after measuring.  SO, we might be doing another ultrasound to see exactly what's going on- whether I'm further along than they thought, or there's an excess of fluids in there, or maybe baby was just stretching out.  Regardless, I have another appointment in a week and then they will decide whether to do the ultrasound or not.  Dr. Katie did say that more towards the end of August seems likely, rather than a couple weeks into Sept for my due date.  Make those bets, Family!
  Another interesting tid-bit I learned was that I have been having Braxon Hicks for several weeks now and I didn't have the slightest clue.  I thought that the tightness of my tummy was because Baby Holm was moving all around and putting pressure on my belly, NOT because my belly was actually contracting.  Silly me.  Then again, it's not like I've ever been pregnant before to know what a contraction actually feels like.  I guess that's why it sometimes hurt.  Now I know :-)
   Today I am experiencing lots of pain/aching on the right side of my belly (but it's not like a contraction that comes and goes), as well as on the lower right side of my back.  Not so zesty.  I'm interested to see what my next appointment brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment