Friday, July 22, 2011

Baby Update: 33 Weeks

Size of Baby: Over 17" long and weighs a little over 4 lbs (like a pineapple)
Changes in Baby: losing that wrinkley skin and baby's bones are hardening, except the skull which remains soft to get through the birth canal (thank goodness!)
Changes in Mama:  Frequent contractions towards the end of the day...sometimes a little painful, but mostly just uncomfortable.
Changes in Daddy:  Working hard to get loose ends settled before Baby H comes.
Baby Movement:  I always laugh when I read that I should be able to feel 10 movements in 1-2 hours....I feel that in about 5 minutes or less in the late evening.  Our baby is definitely a little mover and a shaker!
Cravings:  Water...but I'm getting so sick of being thirsty all the time, no matter how much I drink.  still thirsty.
Aversions:  Strong smells that I'm not used to smelling.
Current Sypmtoms:  Heartburn, of course.  Trouble sleeping because my left hip is starting to get sore from being favored every night.  Swelling feet, so bad sometimes it feels like my foot may burst if I try bending it.  Braxton Hicks (tightening in my tummy and lower back).  Lots of trips to the bathroom....all this seems pretty standard for this stage in the game though.
Nesting:  Yes!  I want to have everything ready, clean, and perfect for when our baby comes.  The sad part is that I can't do much at night after work because I have to head straight to the couch with the mountain of pillows to prop my feet way up and a big ol' cup of icewater....and there I sit, looking at all the messes that should be getting cleaned.
Current Mood:  Over everything except that which involves Baby H...
Interesting Tidbit of Info:  All my coworkers have started a pool to see when Baby H will come (so far I think the pot is up to $5, haha)
Looking Forward to...: A weekend away from work, away from requests, away from phones ringing...  Ultrasound on Monday morning, so we should find out more about why my belly is sooooo large.  Only 7 weeks til my originial due date.
Next Appt:  Ultrasound- 7/25/11   Prenatal- 8/01/11 

No comments:

Post a Comment