Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Updates, Updates, Updates

   Yesterday was a day full of doctors, nurses, and ultrasounds.  My scheduled ultrasound revealed that my due date is still on for Sept. 9.,  Baby H weighs 5lbs, 3oz at 33 weeks, and too much amniotic fluid is the reason for a larger fundal height.  Baby H even turned her head and smiled for a picture, too cute!
  However, over the weekend I started experiencing a severe stabbing pain in the right side of my lower back, sometimes reaching around to my abdomen.  When I mentioned this to the ultrasound tech she told one of the nurses, who then had me see one of the doctors right away.  He then had me go downstairs for a different ultrasound, which revealed a pinched ureter (highly common in pregnancies towards the end).  He referred me to a urologist who confirmed the same diagnosis, which means some xrays to confirm there is nothing more serious going on.  Unfortunately, there is nothing much to do for the pain right now; it will go away as soon as I deliver.  Until then I just have to tough it out and try to position myself away from putting more pressure on my right side. 
   I was supposed to be working yesterday, but I'm pretty sure I spent more time across town at the doctors' offices than I did in my office at the bank.  Oh well, health of baby and me is more important, right?  Right now I'm waiting for the hospital to call me back to schedule an appointment with a different doctor about the excess amniotic fluid- and they have 2 minutes....(I was told to call back if I hadn't heard before 3pm).  Whoa!  Speak of the devil, my phone rang as I was typing that.  Something about a wrong fax #, but now it's been corrected and Dr. Hayes office will be calling me shortly to set up that appointment (for the excess fluids). 

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment