Thursday, July 7, 2011

What If....

      So...what if I mistook my period in December as not a period at all and I really should've used the first day of my last period in November?!  I have a slight memory of that period being lighter and waaaay shorter than usual.  I never notate those kinds of things because I'm usually just so happy for a shorter torture time- I don't ask questions, haha.  I just feel like I'm farther along than my due date suggests.  I was reading about ultrasound due date accuracy and I gathered that usually the early ultrasounds are the ones that get the due date, while any later ultrasounds can only be used to measure how well baby is growing, not really how far along we are.  I think I'll have this baby in August, not September....and I hope I'm right.  Not that I want to rush things; I would never want my impatience and discomfort to cause an early birth and complications for our baby.  Time will tell, but I know one thing I have learned for sure...don't tell the doctor your possible last period- just get the early ultrasound to decipher.  That would put my mind more at ease- and probably be way more accurate.  Though I DO know that due dates are not set in stone and baby will come when baby is ready no matter how much calculating is done.   

No comments:

Post a Comment