Thursday, July 28, 2011

Weekly Trips....and GO!

   I headed to Green Bay Aurora Baycare early this morning to meet with Dr. Hayes about having an excess of amniotic fluid and do some tests.  They did an extensive ultrasound focusing on measuring baby's growth, organ function, and amount of fluid.  I got some new pics for my large collection of "first" baby snapshots, which is always pretty cool.  Afterwards, I answered some questions with a nurse (the standard ones about my health and family history) and then I met with Dr. Hayes.  He is highly intelligent, but he didn't really give me any new information that I hadn't already researched myself.  He did say that everything seemed pretty normal from the ultrasound.  He gave me all the possible reasons causing too much fluid, like gestational diabetes (my glucose test was normal), carrying multiples (only one bambino in there), problems with baby's ability to swallow or process fluids (ultrasound showed her swallowing as she should), possible infection in baby, or maybe Baby H just pees a whole lot.  On the other hand, everything can be normal, just a lot of fluids. 
   Doc wants me to begin weekly monitoring via ultrasound starting next week Thursday Aug 4 and then every Thursday following until Baby H decides to grace us with her presence.  The only super-dumb part is that the next 3 appointments will be in Green Bay too...I wish insurance would cover my gas expenses.  Hopefully by the 4th appointment I will be able to continue at the Oshkosh Aurora for those last few weeks. Speaking of insurance, the receptionist had me sign a consent form agreeing that I would pay for anything insurance denies....and at the top was the cost of today's procedures- a whopping $1047.56!  Ah!  I definitely hesitated before putting pen to paper on that one.  Thankfully, I was able to call our insurance carrier and verify that anything ordered by the doctor as a medical necessity should be covered.  Whew!  That's the extent of my voyage today.

No comments:

Post a Comment