Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby Update: 35 Weeks

Size of Baby:  On the way to 6 lbs, if you recall a week ago Baby H was 5 lbs 6oz (around the size of a large honeydew melon).  About 18" long at this point.
Baby Movement:  Intensity and frequency increases as the day gets later.  Sometimes I wonder if people notice my belly rolling all around before their eyes.
Position of Baby:  Head down facing to my right side or straight forward, her spine either along my spine or turned towards my left side.  Legs/feet up by my ribs.  Hands usually around her little face.
Changes in Baby:  During this week's ultrasound, she had begun practicing her breathing.  Her little chest was going at it, haha.  So special to see that for the first time. 153 bpm- heartrate during ultrasound this morning- strong!
Changes in Mama:  Pinched ureter pain comes and goes; hasn't been too terrible.
Changes in Daddy:  VERY excited to hold our little baby for himself!  Working hard to get his class done.
Cravings:  Water!  Brown Sugar Oatmeal (probably because the fiber helps me go to the bathroom), Iced Chai Tea
Aversions:  Nothing lately
Current Symptoms:  Intense heartburn if I don't take Zantac before I start eating.  Mild back pains.  Frequent trips to the bathroom.  Really warm most of the time- thank goodness for sleeping in a frigid basement bedroom, *sigh*
Sleep?:  Moved around all my pillows and FINALLY found that perfect little island of comfort :-)
Funny Tidbit:  The doc's office that is performing my weekly ultrasounds scheduled my last appointment for Sept. 14 (that's AFTER my due date! sillies!)- all fixed now.  I asked Dr. Hayes about it and he said, in his stoic manner, "We're all human and make mistakes...you can come in then and it will be easier to check on baby's health.  We'll just look at her on table and say, yup! baby is healthy!"  Then he laughed. 
Nesting:  All of our baby paraphenilia has to be in the same area and organized :-)  Bought white wooden letters that spell "Holly" to decorate her nursery someday.
Exciting News:  Blood tests from last week came back negative, which proves Baby H doesn't have an infection (could've been cause for excess amniotic fluid).  Doc said baby is fine, no issues causing excess fluid, yay!
Looking Forward to...: VA certification being approved so we can move forward in buying a house.
Next Appt: Thurs Aug 11. (ultrasound in GB)

No comments:

Post a Comment