Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Update: 38 Weeks

Size of Baby:  I'd say around 7 lbs now (I asked U.S. tech to guess, but she said it wasn't possible for that type of U.S., oh well) and about 19.5" long (like a leek).
Baby Movement:  Still very active late morning, late afternoon, and late evening, also off and on throughout the night.  Practicing her breathing, likes to put her hands in her mouth, gives Mama a good kick in the right ribcage periodically.
Changes in Baby:  Getting bigger every day longer that she stays in my belly.  I think she already has quite the personality....and may turn out to be a handful, haha.
Changes in Mama:  Noticing the size of the belly these days...definitely harder to roll over in bed and a pillow has to support my belly when I'm on my side or it's just way to heavy.  Constantly out of breath and anticipating when Baby drops....soon?  I hope.
Cravings:  cheesy, bacon-filled potato skins :-) water, baked potato w/butter, salt/pepper, and chives
Aversions:  Meat with weird textures
Current Symptoms:  heartburn, BH contractions, shortness of breath, slight weightloss, exhaustion painted on my face no matter how much I sleep...
Hormones:  I was about 1 second from a pregnancy outburst this past weekend when I was standing in line at a gas station to buy a water (and only a water).  I had horrible heartburn radiating up my throat and I needed the dang water to take my heartburn pill.  There were about 4 people in front of me in the line and one after the other, they all wanted to take their time picking out cigarettes and lottery tickets.  It was taking a ridiculous amount of time, and I almost screamed, "Hurry up!  Are you kidding me?!  None of you are going to win any money from those stupid lotteries and then you're just going to get lung cancer and die!!!!!!!  Get out of my way and let me pay for this flipping water!!!!!!!"  They all made it out by the skin on their teeth and they didn't even know what danger had been lurking just below the surface...... 
Nesting:  Frequent bursts of energy to clean without stopping :-)
Funny Tidbit:  Sunday night I wanted potato skins, so we went to a restuarant that had them....only to find out that the kitchen had ran out!!!  WHAAAT?!  I almost burst into tears on the spot.  Then the waitress wanted to give me a free dessert instead, I am not even a dessert person.  Zach took care of his hunny though- we got up and left since we hadn't gotten any food or anything yet.  We went to a diff restaurant and they improvised a baked potato for me.  What an ordeal!
Bad News:  My OB/GYN resigned, so now I'm in limbo trying to pick a new doc...so far I just haven't found one I really like.  Shouldn't docs who deliver babies be excited about pregnancies, not just so boring all the time.  I want a doc who is excited with me before, during, and after delivery.
Exciting News:  in the process of applying for a FHA loan...if all goes well and we're approved, we could be moving into the house by the end of Sept.  Ah! :-)
Looking Forward to...:  Meeting Holly!!!  (of course)  My last day of work: tomorrow 8/26/11.
Next Doc Appt:  Wednesday August 31, U.S. and weekly prenatal check up.

No comments:

Post a Comment