Monday, August 15, 2011

Is That Normal?

Don't read if you don't want to know some of those pregnancy ickies....
**********

Since the doc checked me for dilation this morning, I've been crampy and not feeling so great the rest of the day. I've had some red-tinged discharge throughout the day (though I know that can be pretty normal for any pelvic exam) and menstrual-like cramps.  I did a little reading (nothing scientific or medically accurate) through some pregnancy blogs and other women have experienced this too; however, mostly I read that they went into labor shortly after.  I'm not thinking I'm going into labor myself (contractions haven't increased in frequency or intensity), but it doesn't seem too wonderful how I'm feeling.  The actual checking of my cervix wasn't painful either.  Plus, I was only dilated 1cm at the time, so.....just wondering if this is common to have an increase in pain below the belt after a pelvic exam when getting closer to being full term? 

1 comment:

  1. Gross and uncomfortable, but totally normal! ;)

    ReplyDelete