Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby Update: 36 Weeks

Size of Baby: More than 18.5" long and almost 6 lbs (about the weight of a Crenshaw melon).
Changes in Baby:  Lots of hair and even eyelashes!  Heart rate was 157 bpm at this morning's ultrasound.  Going strong with practicing her breathing.
Baby Movement:  Dr. Hill told me to start counting kicks...and that I should be getting 10 or more in an hour or so.  I get about 10 in 10 minutes every night starting around 8pm (just in time for taking dinner to Daddy).  Her head is still down :-)
Changes in Mama:  Nothing new, except I got hit so hard in the bladder the other night that I nearly peed my pants right there on the couch :-/  It's a good thing I didn't have a full bladder at the time, or else the story might have become much more embarrassing.  Baby H's movements are definitely getting stronger and more frequent.
Changes in Daddy:  So excited about our baby's increase in intensity and frequency of movement.  He wants to hold her soooo much.
Cravings: Buffalo Wild Wings, Water, popsicles
Aversions:  ham lunchmeat
Nesting:  All our baby stuff is organized in one location, newborn-sized clothes/blankies/burp clothes/etc. are washed and ready to be worn.  Hospital bag is ready to be packed....probably will install carseat this next week and see if I ca get it inspected at the local fire dept.  Finishing up Labor&Delivery courses and some reading.
Current Symptoms:  Heartburn, lower back aches, Braxton Hicks getting stronger and more frequent, lack of space for my stomach means I cannot eat normal-sized meals without feeling sick, some kind of unseen rash on my legs and arms that itches a lot (once I scratch my skin, then tiny little bumps can be seen, but they aren't red or anything- the same kind of reaction I have to Downy and other fabric softeners)...
Exciting News:  The house we are trying to buy passed the home inspection with flying colors, just a few minor repairs needed (a clogged drain, attic installation needed before winter, etc.).
Looking Forward to..: My last few weeks at work!!!!
Countdown: 4 more weeks!
Next Appointments: Monday August 15- prenatal check-up.  Thursday August 18- weekly ultrasound.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment