Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lightbulb!

    I knew I wanted to write about something since this morning, but I couldn't remember what it was!  I think that the bigger baby grows, the more my brain shrinks- seriously!  Anyway, I FINALLY had a lightbulb moment and remembered what I had forgotten....
    A woman's body is truly amazing!  To see all the changes that occur during pregnancy that prepare for having a child is really remarkable.  Just this morning it dawned on me that the reason I'm getting up every 3 hours to pee each night is not JUST to pee.  It's more or less getting me ready to be up feeding my baby every couple hours during the night.  Tricky tricky.  How cool is that?!  I suppose it would be rather a huge shock to our bodies if we jumped from continual sleep for 6-8 hours a night to sporadic sleeping patterns in the matter of a day.  It's super-amazing how I can go to bed at 9:30 pm, 10:30 pm, or 11:30 pm and I will STILL wake up exactly 3 hours after I've gone to bed.  :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment