Monday, August 15, 2011

Prenatal Visit

I thought for sure I'd be like this during pregnancy
  Today was my last two week appointment, the next few will be weekly (in addition to my already weekly ultrasounds that monitor amniotic fluid).  This morning was the Group B Swab test....not awful, but it's never fun getting surprised with the, "Okay, now undress from the waist down..."  No thanks?  Anyway, I also had the Doc check to see if I was dilated at all: 1 cm.  No baby coming yet, which is good because I want to get to 37 weeks to be considered full term.  Baby's H's heart rate was about 140 bpm- strong.  My fundal height was measuring 36, which is right on track (even though I was measuring that much 4 weeks ago due to the excess amniotic fluid).  The only not so great thing is that I'm still losing weight...about 3 lbs down from last Thursday's ultrasound.  It's not really an issue as long as baby is steadily gaining weight and I AM eating, let me tell you!  It's just been difficult to eat a lot...or more than I used to eat on a regular basis.  If I overeat, I feel horribly sick from the indigestion/acid reflux.  I eat when I'm hungry, and I eat a decent meal.  Doc didn't seemed concerned.  Though I am hungry right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment