Thursday, August 18, 2011

Last GB Weekly Visit

    During the ultrasound today, they not only did the usual measuring the deepest pocket, but they also took  a measurement of  baby's size.  Right now, at 37 weeks Holly weighs in at 6 lbs 7 oz.  Wow!  And we still have 3 weeks to go for her to keep packing on that cute, chubby baby fat.  I thought it was exciting news!
    My only complaint about this visit was the ultrasound technician.  I've liked all the rest, but this one wasn't my favorite.  At one point, I guess she wanted Baby to change positions because the tech started shaking my belly using the wand.  I wanted to be like, "Hello!  That doesn't feel the greatest, and I don't really care for you shaking my baby.  That belly happens to be attached to my body!"  And then, even though Baby wasn't moving as much as usual, the tech still couldn't get any good pictures.  Last week the tech got about 6-10 great pictures while Baby was moving all over the place in there.  Thankfully I won't have to see this tech again :-)
   On a side note, I was a little nervous driving to Greenbay today by myself.  I couldn't help but wondering what I would do if I went into labor during the drive or even at the wrong hospital...not to mention, my husband was an hour away.  I kept wondering that if my water broke would the doctors and nurses let me drive myself back to Oshkosh.....  Don't know.  Thankfully I made it back to town without any complications :-)  Except excessive traffic on 41S.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!

    And, shaking your belly?! What a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete